Mad Stories was established in 2016 by a mental health consumer and his primary carer. We have recently rebranded so are in the process of rebuilding this website.
Our Flagship initative is in our funding and broad oversight of the MadNarrative community of storytellers improving mental health through art, writing and dramatic productions about experiences of illness and health.
We are soon also launching a network of Australian workplaces to improve mental health at work while also getting companies to donate funds, in-kind donations and employee time to help people with a mental illness.
- Mental health consumers come first in everything we do
- Totally inclusive with a particular focus on CALD or LGBTI people
- Secular but tolerant of religious or spiritual beliefs
- Open and transparent but respectful of privacy
- Trauma-informed and recovery-oriented